I think it’s safe to say that we all could use a little distraction right now. I thought I would look up some questions on Pinterest and answer them. I also thought I would tag a few friends and see if they would be willing to answer them as well! The Pinterest tag is here if you want to look at it. Without further ado, here are my answers!
1. What’s your biggest kitchen fail?
So I have a chocolate pie recipe from my nana and I thought I’d try my hand at it for Thanksgivings at my in laws. I had made the pie once before and it turned out great, this time it did not. I talked these pies up so much and was so ready to eat them and have everyone else them and be all like, “these are so good, Cadie!” I took the first slice and took a bite. Immediately I knew it was awful. I had burnt the filling but it didn’t look burnt. It tasted so burnt though and before anyone else could get any I said, “don’t eat the pie.” To this day they don’t let me hear the end of it.
2. Have you ever sent a text message to the wrong person?
I’m usually very careful about sending text messages. I try to make sure that I send it to the right person because I am so afraid of a person getting a text that is not any of their business. I will share a story where I sent a message to the right person but they thought it was wrong. So when I was dating my ex-husband he and I were pretty awkward in the beginning. For so long we had been friends so learning how to go from a friendship to a relationship was not easy. One day I decided I would try calling him babe to see how it felt. I sent it to him saying I could wait to see him. He thought I meant to send it to a girl friend of mine. I was so embarrassed that he didn’t realize it was for him I lied and said I sent it to him by accident.
3. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in school?
Where do I even start? I was a pretty awkward kid in school. I only spent the first five years of my school age years in a public school, I was home schooled from fifth grade to graduation. I remember being called Dookie because my maiden name was Duke. I remember I got left on the playground because I didn’t hear my teacher calling us back to the classroom. I looked around and couldn’t recognize any of the kids on the playground when I realized. I cried when I got back to the classroom and I was made fun of for it.
4. What is your signature dance move?
I am a horrible dancer, the epitome of white girl dancing. I will dance just for fun, it’s not pretty but that doesn’t count when it’s for fun. I don’t have a signature move I just go with the beat and whatever feels possible at the time.
5. What is one thing you refuse to share?
My pillows. Those are MY pillows, and MY head lays on them. I don’t want anyone else’s dirty, nasty head laying on them. Not even my family.
6. If you could kill off any character from a current television show, who would it be?
I don’t watch what’s current. I have Netflix so pretty much all the stuff on there is either an original or already past. I recently watched Tiger King and I know that’s a documentary with real life people but it’s the closest thing I have. Carole Baskin had her husband killed and she’s the biggest hypocrite ever and I highly dislike her. If she were a character in a show she would be the one I would want killed off. She is a real person though so I do not want her to die but she is an awful person.
7. If you had the power to shrink anything and take it with you, what would you do with it?
I’m not quite sure what is being asked here. Am I being asked what would I do with the shrinking power or what I would do with something I’ve shrunk? If I had the shrinking power I would use it to shrink my upstairs neighbor. Maybe then her big, horse like steps wouldn’t be so loud.
8. If you could make a rule for a day and everyone had to follow it, what would it be?
Right now my mind is saying everyone would have to be quiet for a whole day, but I know that’s the mom in me wanting some silence. But still.
9. What’s a holiday that doesn’t exist that you’d like to create?
There’s a fictional unofficial holiday on the show Parks and Recreation called Treat Yo Self day and I wish that could be a real holiday. Everyone gets the day off and they get to treat themselves to whatever luxury they don’t normally get to.
10. Have you ever noticed that easy open packages never seem to open that easy?
It is frustrating when there is an easy pull tab on a package and it just rips in your hand and doesn’t help at all. Then you have to go hunt for scissors that are hidden away so your kids can’t find them but then you can’t find them either because you forgot where you hid them then you get even more frustrated because the kids are hungry and bouncing off the walls and you just want a moment of peace and quiet that can’t come soon enough.
11. If I were a pair of shoes what kind would I be?
Sandals. Because I feel the most comfortable in the least amount of constriction deemed appropriate.
12. Would you rather be an elf or hobbit for 24 hours?
Definitely and elf. Then I’d go find Legolas.
13. What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?
I honestly can’t think of a creature that would improve the world. Maybe gnomes?
14. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Had two human beings cut out of my body two different times.
15. If you could have an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be?
Books. And I’ve already started.
16. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably pizza. There’s so many variations of it.
17. Do you like “people watching” and can you come up with a story about them?
I do like to people watch. Sometimes I come up with stories with my husband if we notice someone especially interesting.
18.What is the most hilarious childhood memory you can think of?
I just remember this one time my siblings and I were playing Mario Party on my brother’s Nintendo GameCube and my mom came into the room and said, “you guys need to go play outside.” So we loaded up the TV, GameCube and controllers and went out to the garage and hooked it all up. We had the garage door open so the fresh air could circulate. When my mom stuck her head out to check on us she noticed we were playing the game outside and she laughed. “That’s not what I meant by play outside.” She couldn’t even be mad at us, we did what she asked. My sisters and I also used to gather up all our Bratz dolls and take them outside and played Survivor with them. We would build them little shelters with sticks and leaves and they had to do challenges and vote each other off.
19. After you survive the apocalypse, what will your job be?
Well hopefully after the current apocalypse/pandemic we’re in I can get a job at a law office in an entry level position.
20. If you had to become an inanimate object for a year, what object would you choose to be?
I would want to be my son’s Curious George plush so I could cuddle with him every night.
21. If you were about to get into a fight, what song comes on as your soundtrack?
Move Bitch by Disturbing Tha Peace and Ludacris
22. What set of items could you buy that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?
Rope, knife, rubber gloves, bleach and paper towels.
23. I’ve been thinking of starting a cult. What kind of cult should we start together?
That Valerie Solanas had some good ideas…I’m kidding. Or am I?
24. What movie completely changes its plot when you change one letter in its title?
Instead of The Shining it’s The Whining. Welcome to my life.
25. Would you rather shoot spaghetti out of your fingers or sneeze meatballs?
I think the obvious choice here would be shooting spaghetti out of my fingers. I would never be hungry, also sneezing meatballs sounds painful.
Well there you have it! I hope you enjoyed reading these. How would you answer any of these? Let me know in the comments! I would like to see if some of my friends will do it!