The New Thing I Tried This Month (Jan. 2019)

Image result for trying new things

I thought I would start the year off slow and do something simple first. I made lasagna.

I’ve never made lasagna before because it looked really intimidating to make. There are so many steps and so many ingredients and it takes a long time to make it. Well I was right.

I found a recipe on Pinterestย and got all the ingredients at the store. It was a pretty affordable dish to make, everything was pretty well priced. Another plus was that it made quite a bit so we have enough for another dinner.

The meat sauce seemed to take the longest, the noodles kept breaking and some were just shredded after we were finally able to get them out of the pot, the cheese mixture didn’t spread very well. I felt like it was kind of a disaster. But it tasted pretty great.

I ended up being pretty proud of it. The boys liked it. There are a few changes I would make to the recipe but other than that I would totally make it again.

Just goes to show you that you could think you’re failing the whole time but it ends up being just fine. I have made it again since the first time and it turned out even better the second time. It didn’t take as long either. Haha. Practice makes perfect I guess. Have you tried anything new lately?

Related image

16 Comments Add yours

1. Tom Burton says:

Looks yummy! Perfect thing to have for winter comfort food! ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Mackenzie says:

that lasanga looks just wonderful!!! Mmmmm !

3. Hunida says:

So excited about this new series, Cadie ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m laughing at “Well I was right” hahaha. It looks great & taste is all that matters. YUM! โค

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you. โ˜บ๏ธ my guys liked it so I was happy with it.

4. terrepruitt says:

I love lasanga. I never boil my noodles. That is just a step I can do without. Ooooo! This post makes me want to make lasagna! Glad it worked out for you!

Liked by 1 person

1. Yeah I tried the oven ready noodle the second time, it was much easier.

1. terrepruitt says:

I just buy regular kind. What is the difference? I really need to make lasagna again. Although, I have never made my own tomato sauce. I should try that! ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

2. Ya know I don’t think there is a difference.

3. terrepruitt says:

Probably not, they just label them that way and charge more . . . Or maybe they are softer?

Liked by 1 person

4. Not they aren’t lol they’re just as hard as regular noodles.

5. terrepruitt says:

Ha. I really prefer homemade food over frozen food, but Stoufer’s makes such a good lasagna and it is SO EASY to just pop it in the oven. I have only made red sauce lasagna once or twice and I use jarred sauce because – easy! – and so there is no way I am boiling the noodles. I used to not like tomato sauce so I always made white sauce lasagna! All this talk of lasagna makes me want it!

Liked by 1 person

6. Oooh white sauce lasagna sounds good!

7. terrepruitt says:

All this talk of lasagna has me thinking about that particular recipe. I think I will make it next week. It is really not “white sauce” like I said, it is actually cream of mushroom soup! If I make it I will definitely post about it!

Liked by 1 person

8. Please do because I will definitely try to make that. I love cream of mushroom soup lol

9. terrepruitt says:

I know, huh? It is yummy and it can be added to so many things!