Toddlers Around Town

For our first Toddlers Around Town we went to the Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library.

img_0079

Cillian always loves going to the library but we don’t go to this one very often since we it’s farther away and we have to pay to park.

Some shots of the surrounding area. The building is the Oklahoma City Municipal Building.

img_0062

Cillian was a big help by pressing all the buttons for me.

img_0064

We saw this cool mural painted on the outside of the library’s windows. Cillian liked it. Please excuse his dirty hoodie.

It’s a good size library that has two floors. The children’s area is full of things on the walls and places for children to play.

img_0072.jpg

img_0074

img_0080

We played for a bit and tried to walk around outside but it was pretty chilly as well as windy so we couldn’t stand it for too long. We got a couple of good shots though.

img_0078

img_0082

We finally made it back to our car and I saw the Devon Tower.

img_0061

It’s the tallest building in Oklahoma City with 50 stories. I would love to take some pictures from the top. Maybe the boys and I will tour there one day and I’ll do a post about it.

We had a good time. I hope you all enjoyed!

9 Comments Add yours

1. Tom Burton says:

Lovely read with some fascinating sights. Hope you have a lovely week! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Mackenzie says:

Cillian looks like he is just having a ball! What a fun day with so many fun places!

Liked by 1 person

3. Hunida says:

I love that mural & the library looks lovely! Your kiddos are too dang cute, Cadie!

Liked by 1 person

4. frejatravels says:

Oklahoma City looks like it got some nice spots. Good with the perspective on the bison – I thought the statue was bigger than it is judging from your kid next to it.

Liked by 1 person

1. There’s buffalo like that all over the city, it’s kind of our mascot lol

Liked by 1 person

1. frejatravels says:

I don’t remember seeing bison in Oklahoma – I did come across some long horn cattle I think Down close to the border to Texas – though the longhorn might have been in Texas too long ago to remember. It was only a very short stop in Oklahoma on the way East.

Liked by 1 person

2. Yes longhorns is a Texas thing for sure, Okies hate ’em lol Our basketball team is the Oklahoma Thunder and their mascot is a buffalo named Rumble.

Liked by 1 person

3. frejatravels says:

Cute so he is the one around town. At first I thought about the bull on Wall street untill I saw the close Picture of the Buffalo.

Liked by 1 person