So this morning I was having a conversation with myself, yes this happens a lot, and I was thinking about how much I complain about my body.
I’m not where I want to be fitness wise and I don’t have the best diet. I know there are things I could work on and I know I need to make more of an effort but I still complain.
I tried to come up with 5 negative things and 5 positive things about my body and it’s pretty cool how the positive way out weighs the negative.
- I have stretch marks
- I have cellulite
- I’m squishier in places where I used to be firm.
- My hips are always in pain.
- My shoulder tendon is always strained.
- I can still use my body. I can run, jump, hold my kids and chase after them.
- I created two beautiful, amazing little boys with this body. A lot of women don’t even get the chance to make one baby.
- I’m stronger than I have ever been. Physically and emotionally.
- My husband still finds me insanely attractive. He reminds me all the time.
- And I have a nice butt. 😉
After realizing that I have a lot more going for me than against me I felt a lot better about the things that bother me. I know that with more effort on my part, and a little acceptance, those things can be fixed or made better. I just need to remind myself that positivity can go a long way in how you see yourself. Remembering all the good things about yourself instead of dwelling on the bad is the key to becoming a happier person.
Photo by Sebastian Voortman from Pexels