It is an honor to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award. I just love the way it sounds, like I’m bringing light into someone’s world. Even if it is for just a little bit. The Lovely Slumdog Soldier nominated me and I am so thankful, thank you!
Click on his blog to check out his nomination, I love his answers they’re so upbeat and positive you can’t help but smile.
The rules are simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it on one of their own posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
If I nominate you please do not feel obligated to answer the questions or do a post. Just know that I love you.
Tom’s questions for me:
- Where are you from? I’m from a small town in Texas called Madisonville.
- Do you think of yourself more as an early bird or night owl? I’m more of a night owl. Lately though I cannot stay up late or get up early. I just want to sleep all the time.
- What is your birthstone? Yellow Topaz. I’m a November baby.
- What’s your favourite season of the year and why? I would have to say winter. I detest the heat and bugs. I don’t like being cold either but it’s better than be constantly sweaty and eaten alive by bugs.
- What’s a favourite quote that’s really inspired you? I can never think of a quote when I’m asked. There are so many but I guess I’ll use the one tattooed on my wrist: ‘If you don’t have shadows, you’re not in the light.’ Lady Gaga said it. It reminds me that no one is perfect so don’t try to be.
- If you could choose one fantasy world to visit for a day, which one would it be? The world of Harry Potter. Definitely.
- How do you like to wind down after a busy day? I like to take a shower, get in bed and read a book. Preferably with a sweet treat.
- What would your dream job be? A writer. I just want to write. I want to write books, blog posts, documentaries. Anything that informs, educates and entertains.
- Why did you start blogging? To talk about things I think are interesting or to publish short stories that I write.
- What have you enjoyed most about blogging so far? Meeting other bloggers and learning from them. I’ve met some pretty awesome people. There needs to be a convention so we can all meet each other in person!
- Which of your own blog posts would you recommend to new readers first? Mormonism: A God Complex It really shows what I want to do as a writer.
My question are:
- How old are you?
- What are you currently reading?
- What is your biggest turn off?
- Which do you prefer: chocolate or fruit flavored candies?
- Who is your favorite person?
- What is your favorite blog post that you’ve written and why?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
- How many pets do you have, what are they and what are their names?
- How do you plan what you will write about?
Thank you again to Tom Burton at Slumdog Soldier for nominating me! I had fun.