I always am so flattered when anyone nominates me or tags me in these kinds of posts. They’re so much fun! Thank you to CrushedCaramel for tagging me. I’ll leave her challenge here so eveyone can check it out: https://crushedcaramel.wordpress.com/2018/08/05/a-guy-called-bloke-has-tagged-me-for-a-friday-funday-challenge-that-was-just-my-slice-of-cake/
The Rules …
1] Thank the nominator
2] Answer Q1 – Q19
3] Nominate three bloggers of your choice and notify them.
4] Each selected blogger MUST answer 16 of the asked 19 questions, but also insert 3 new questions to make up the 19 compliment. Every time a new blogger is selected they MUST only answer 16 of the asked 19 questions as well as answer their own 3, and choose 3 new bloggers. Each time a new blogger sees the questionnaire it will be completely different to the next blogger along.
[Hint: delete three of the questions you don’t like or have no answer for and insert your own in its place]
5] Q20 & Q14 Must always remain intact.
[Unless you don’t wish to have your answered shared, l will reblog your answers]
- Cupcake or teacake?
I’ve never had a teacake so I’m going to say cupcake.
2. Did you / do you have a pet? Please tell us all about them:
We have a German Shepherd/Labrador mix. He’s the sweetest dog I’ve ever met and he’s my best behaved child. His name is Bane after the villain in Batman, because we thought he would be big and formidable but he only got to about 50 pounds. He’s also very timid so his name doesn’t fit him at all, so we call him Banerd.
3. If animals had no fear of humans and we had no fear of certain animals…is there a particular animal you would love to be able to observe closely?
Bats. I love bats, they are my favorite animal. Any kind of bat, they’re all beautiful to me.
4. What is the biggest audience you have ever faced? (school plays, karaoke, speeches or any other kind of situation where all eyes and ears were on view?)
When I was a kid I used to play guitar and my cousins also learned to play instruments. My Nana, my father’s mother, would take us to church or nursing homes and have us play and sing for the people there.
In college I had to present a paper I wrote on women in the workforce, that was terrifying. I couldn’t look up from my paper. I also took a speech class, which wasn’t fun at all.
5. How do you spend your day off?
I try to get stuff done around the house. The weekend is the only time my husband are home together, during the week we work opposite schedules to avoid paying for child care. It’s hard to do things around the house when you’re the only adult with two small children to look after. So when we’re both home and able to work as a team we can clean or work on the yard or paint or do whatever project that needs to be done.
6] Do you have a favorite flower?
I do, it’s a dahlia. I Dahlia would be a beautiful name for a girl.
Photo credits: Kath LaLiberte @ Longfield Gardens
7. Favorite muffin flavor?
Can’t go wrong with a blueberry muffin.
8. What’s the best cake you have ever baked? Why?
Tres Leches Cake (three milk cake). I’ve made it a couple times for my husband for his birthday. It’s his favorite. I love it to, it’s so sweet and soggy.
9. What is your favorite TV show right now?
Game of Thrones all the way.
10. What is your favorite color of the rainbow?
Green or blue. Those are just my favorite colors. My hair is currently green if that tells you anything. Teal is the perfect color.
11. If you were a Mr Men or Little Miss character which one would you be?
Little Miss Scatterbrain for sure. I have a really hard time remembering things these days. I blame it on my children. They’re so demanding all the time I feel like I have to rush around and I end up forgetting stuff.
12. Coffee and biscuits, tea and cake or beer and crisps?
This is a tough one. I don’t eat or drink any of these things in these combinations. I prefer my coffee and tea iced and sweet. I don’t really like beer but it does pair well with pizza. I guess if I had to choose it would be coffee and biscuits.
13. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
When I was in my first writing class in college I had to write a thesis statement for a definition essay and turn it in. I had never heard of a definition essay so I did the best that I could. The next class time I told the guy next to me what my essay was going to be about (homeschooling) and then the professor decided to read the thesis statements he thought were awful out loud for everyone to ridicule. When he came to the last one he said it was the ‘most abysmal of them all’. It was mine. The guy next to me looked at me with an apologetic look and I was so embarrassed.
14. Which 3 questions will you be deleting to add your own in?
5, 9, 15.
15. Which of your parents do you think you take after more?
I’m a pretty good mix of both my parents. I honestly can’t say which one I’m more like.
16. What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
Learning about serial killers and being obsessed with the macabre. I mean I know that everyone has a bit of a morbid side but I feel like mine is a little more obsessive than most.
17. Uh oh, you have gone to a dinner party and the dessert is diabolical, what do you say to the host when she/he asks for your honest opinion?
I would just say it’s just not my favorite. I would make it seem like it was my problem and not theirs.
18. If you could kill off any one character from a TV show who would it be and why?
I would have to say Mary Winchester in Supernatural. They don’t need her.
19. If you were a fancy piece of jewelry what would you be?
I would say a necklace. One with lots of crystals that reflect light and put out good vibes. At least that’s what I would hope to be.
20. The three bloggers you are nominating are?
Magic in the Everyday https://magicintheeveryday.blog/
I had a lot of fun with this challenge. I hope you all enjoy it to!